Scott Michael Sadar
Scott M. Sadar is Executive Vice President & a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ at Somerset Wealth Strategies.
A financial professional for 15 years, Sadar contributed to annuity sales at Jackson National Life and MetLife prior to joining Somerset Wealth Strategies. Scott's experience in simplifying these complex products allows for his clients to understand what the product does for them, instead of repeating the newest acronym or abbreviation created by an insurance company marketing department.
Nick Murray has spoken about how there are two things each person must purchase everyday of retirement: 1) Dignity and 2) Independence. Scott provides conservative and comprehensive financial planning advice for his clients. He prefers to ask "What are you trying to accomplish?" and then actually listen to clients share about their goals and objectives. His style is to explain how those benefits will make a positive impact on the lives of his clients so they may focus on living their dreams with meaning and purpose.
An Eagle Scout with Troop 380 in Akron, Ohio Scott's background as a teacher and a coach began during his time in Scouting. A graduate of Ohio University with a Bachelor of Business Administration and a Bachelor of Science in Organizational Communication, Scott is currently pursuing his Master of Science in Financial Services (MSFS).
In order to be prepared for the challenges facing his clients, Scott has demonstrated knowledge of Advanced Financial Planning by earning the following professional designations and securities licenses:
- CFP® (Certified Financial Planner)
- CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter) Advanced Insurance Specialty
- ChFC (Chartered Financial Consultant) Advanced Financial Planning
- CASL (Chartered Advisor of Senior Living) Retirement Coaching for Life's Second Half
- Series 6 (Variable annuities and mutual funds license)
- Series 7 (General Securities license)
- Series 24 (General Securities Principal)
- Series 63 (Uniform Securities Agent, allows selling securities in states outside of resident state)
- Registered Investment Advisor Representative, (should a client prefer fee-based)
- Variable Life, Health, and Disability License (which allows for the selling of insurance products and annuities)
Education, teaching and lifelong learning are passions of Scott. His volunteer activity includes involvement with Junior Achievement, Boy Scout Troop 380, and the Financial Planning Association.
Scott is a marathon runner and resides in Portland, Oregon.
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.