Andrew Templeton Murdoch
Andrew Murdoch is President of Somerset Wealth Strategies, and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM at Somerset Wealth Strategies. He holds several security licenses and insurance licenses including:
- Series 7 ( General Securities Representative License)
- Life and Disability License ( allows for the selling of insurance products and annuities)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM Designation
- Series 63 (Uniform Securities Agent Law examination, allows for the selling securities in state outside of his resident state)
- Bachelor’s of Science from the Russ College of Engineering and Technology at Ohio University
Andrew has been a financial professional for 17 years and has over 25 years of investment experience. He worked as a Financial Advisor for Morgan Stanley at that time he was advising clients on a variety of financial instruments including managed money, mutual funds, municipal and corporate bonds, stocks, annuities, and option strategies.
Andrew has also served as a wholesaler for Jackson National Life, where he aided advisors in over $250,000,000 in annuity sales. He is well versed in a variety of annuity and retirement strategies and is well versed in potential pitfalls most advisors overlook. He draws on this experience to help investors avoid purchasing the inappropriate or unsuitable annuities. He has worked with Thomas Hamlin’s team for more than 15 years. He worked on the institutional side for two years and has been member of Hamlin’s team since 2004 helping Tom develop financial plans for high net worth clientele.
Andrew believes in following an appropriate asset allocation model based on investor risk tolerance and financial objectives. Andrew also knows that this is a complex confusing marketplace and in order to gain his clients’ trust and confidence the focus must be on education. As a seasoned member of Tom’s team he knows that he is only 33% as effective over the phone as he would be face to face so he knows he must be three times better than the competition. Andrew strives to accomplish this in three ways;
- Being well versed on current product knowledge in the industry
- Choosing suitable investment plan for the client's needs
- Unmatched customer service for the plans they work with
Andrew is dedicated to continuing learning and completed his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM in 2010 and is looking into pursuing additional certification to increase his knowledge base.
When Andrew isn’t working he enjoys spending his time with his two boys Grayson and Harrison. Andrew is an avid skier and enjoys playing hockey a few times a week and boating in the summer.
Andrew is also active in the Portland community and is involved with several local and national charities on a regular basis. He also holds an annual event during the holiday season and raises money for Toys for Tots.